UX/UI/Interaction Audit + Notes from Readings
Podcast: “How I Built This”
The reading for this week was a podcast called “How I Built This.” The episode was about Instagram / Source
- It’s hard to imagine that the original concept grew into what it is today — meaning it was a way to make amateur pictures look “cool” and now “professional” photographers make amateur pictures look “uncool.”
- “Photos aren’t that good” — That inspiration is the thread that continues today, making people feel that their photos are worthy of sharing.
- They speak about the monetary valuation and receiving investments — it makes me think that the push was in the marketing/business rather than product design. “Can you take that luck and capitalize it?” this quote again makes me imagine the monetary value. Which is important, but is it the focus?
- First to open up a platform to the public — it’s hard to imagine how the platform would be today if this function was established.
- $50 billion is the worth of Instagram. But, how?! How does a company that doesn’t require payment receive a high worth?
Deleting photos from iCloud.
- After spending hours (!!) on the phone with Apple Support, I learned that it is not possible to mass delete images from the iCloud Library. The only way is to select “moments” and delete by those categories. However, for me, I typically only have about 4 images and about 5,000+ images that I need to remove.
- I also searched the Internet in order to see if anyone had come up with a workaround and it seems like there are no options. I found a forum where someone else spoke with Apple Support and discovered it is not possible.