UX/UI/Interaction Audit + Notes from Readings
Search results with spelling errors.
- The search bar on Apple’s website does some things right, but also there are some things that could be better.
- The search bar does provide quick link options – this is helpful when the user wants to find certain things fast. The search also has the option to auto-fill when you start to type.
- The issue is with spelling errors or mis-typing because the search results do not provide other options or help to resolve.
After doing some research on this site, it provides examples on how to improve search results.
- In this example, though there was a typo there is also an attempt to help the user correct the typo and find what they are searching for.
- Similar to Apply, HP results in 0 search results rather than providing suggestions as Amazon does in this example.
- By showing other results, it benefits both the user and the company because it provides a chance to purchase/find other options.